Jardin du Palais Royal
Gardens were decided by the cardinal Richelieu to ornament the Palais-Royal and were realized by Pierre Desgotz , the gardener of king, in 1633. The Palais Royal and its gardens, just a short walk from the Louvre, housed royal families up until Versailles was built. It was modified under Charles X to give him its current aspect, with galleries and plans of paths.
Prestigious and peaceful, the gardens are surrounded by a superb futuristic architecture with contemporary sculptures by Buren and Bury. The Colonnes de Buren are situated in the courtyard, near the garden and Ministry of Culture. The 260 black and white striped octagonal columns are definitely worth a visit and are one of the symbols of Paris.
Jardin du Palais Royal, 75001, paris